The past month has been something else, it’s not all gloom and doom though. It’s been growing up. On February 1st I started at my new job and on the same day I moved into my new place. I’m one of those fortunate people right now. I love my job, like really LOVE IT.
I have settled into my new place, it’s a nice cosy complex in Ferndale; I no longer have the need to go gallivanting on Weekends. I am enjoying my space BIG TIME. I am not going to have a house warming though; I will have one of those when I BUY a house. (Sorry, friends; p but let’s save our money for later.)
Do you guys now understand the disappearing act?
The whole looking for a place to stay and moving in thing hasn’t been easy. It made me realise that I am not domesticated at all. Everything was an issue from hanging curtains( I cried a lot) to choosing the right linen. Coming back from work, tired as hell and having to cook because unlike Res there is no money for takeaways anymore has been a major challenge. This whole experience made me appreciate my Mother. At some point I blamed her for not teaching me some stuff, but then I realised that it is my own journey. So I pulled up my big girl panties and did what I had to do. Now when she comes to visit me, she will see my curtains neatly hung. Obviously she will find something wrong, because that’s what Mothers do right? The struggle financially has been something else though hey, buying something impulsively is now foreign to me, like I see that as a luxury now.
I have also settled in at work, there’s obviously still a lot to learn. My Boss is the best, I am not saying this because she might happen to see this blog later on. I mean it, this woman has soooooooooo much drive, like I want to be like her one day no doubt, she also makes me feel like I have made it. I mean sometimes I don’t go to the office, I get to work from home (cool huh?) on a serious note though, she is such an inspiration. When I have my own business one day, I am definitely using her work ethic.
As broke as I am, I am truly blessed for all I have right now. I have also realised that there is a void that material stuff can’t fill, but hey we keep on searching and searching and searching right?
so jealous right now congradualations on everything and yea i know abt your boss i see het tweets, sounds cool.
ReplyDeletedo hope im seeing come 16 April