Saturday, 30 March 2013

Dear Toure

Mooooowaaaa

Its day two and they haven’t called me to say that it was just a prank, the fact that I woke up and it’s not a dream is also making me realise that you left us. It’s not fair though Gazi. I keep on thinking that if you had stayed with every one and not go home to change your top, like you always do; you would still be with us. I must grow up though and realise that these things God has control over. Not us.
Remember that headache I had during the December holidays? The one that started at the back of my neck? Its back chomi, after I heard the news about you no longer being with us it came back. I’m in pain physically and emotionally. I keep on listening to the voicenotes you sent me and going through our whatsapp just to see our texts to eachother.Watching and listening to Beyoncé and Zakes Bantwini will never be the same again, Seeing Bonang and commenting on how great she is, listening to Frank Ocean and going home will be so different without you. Sending and receiving random voicenotes will never be the same. You were the queen of voicenotes kaloku wena G. I just called our friends back home; they are all in one place because of you. I’m in Jhb, alone. Takkies came over to be here for me yesterday, she is gone home now and I am alone again. I’m trying to keep busy and cry less. By now you would have called or sent me a voicenote telling me about “the one that is loved” and getting ready to go to Mnguni’s. I am grateful that we spent the whole New Year’s Day together at Primi’s (crying from laughter because of the events that occurred that morning).

All we have left now are memories of you. Thank you for making us laugh, live, love and always being there with us when we wanted to escape reality.  Also not forgetting our silly fight four years ago, what I don’t remember is how we all ended up talking again. That was the thing about us we didn’t stay mad at each other for long. Sometimes I would see you trying but you loved the ones you loved. Your silent treatments were kind of like pointless. 
Your leaving us (TO SOON) made me realise; that I must act more and procrastinate less, be transparent more and bottle things less.

“I don’t understand how you can hate from outside the club, you can’t even get in”
 I LOVE YOU MY CHCH, till we meet again.

REST IN PEACE Mowa, Gazi, Mponcho, Chch.

xoxoxo
Simnikiwe

1 comment:

  1. the passing away of a loved one is never easy, still miss my ayanda who passed away 3 years i still cry wen i think abt him and da memories.

    My condolences dear *virtual hug*

    ReplyDelete