Monday, 2 April 2012

I'm still standing


Wow!  Life happens hey. Not so long ago I was the happiest girl, new job, new place and content. Now I am learning to survive again. I don’t how it happened but all I know is that it happened. I got into a “depressed” state just like that. Well I didn’t just become “depressed” there were a few catalysts that added to my misery. Relationships (please note: RelationshipS) gone wrong and not working out. The reason some of them didn’t work out was because of some of the stupid choices I made. I didn’t just wake up from bed and BOOM everything went wrong. It was a build-up of things, that’s why I get mad at myself because surely, if I was smart enough I would have noticed some problems and save some relationships.  Others I decided to walk away from.  I am still mourning some of those relationships because there is love involved.

Anyway, I have been praying and forcing myself to believe that I am not a bad person, some days are better than the others. Thank Goodness for my childhood friends, we’re in different parts of South Africa but I at least know that they have my heart. The other one is here in Johannesburg with me. We don’t see each other all the time but I know she’s a phone call away. She understands that I am a difficult person who likes her space sometimes so she respects that.

When I look back at March, I’m like WOW! All of that nonsense in one month and I am still alive? For me there is no greater pain than emotional pain, my goodness!!! I realised that all these things made me stronger, I am not there yet but I can see myself becoming stronger and stronger.  I have also realised that forgiving other people doesn’t really free you if you haven’t forgiven yourself. It was a process but it was all worth it.

Love prevails.


3 comments:

  1. firstly love the lo0ok of the blog stundee
    secondly what i pick up from this blog is that we all need friends, when i was going through terrible things back in january i locked everyone out nad that is what actualy made things worse, so you are lucky to have such frnds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trish. Friends are needed yes, but boundaries are also needed hey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending you a milli hugs and kisses. Like you always say, dreams do come true, maybe this "dream" or let me put this way "Relationships" that ended is to open a new door, chapter and a BIGGER DREAM in you life. Stay positive Ma.

    oh Trish, we need honest, loyal and most caring friends. Some people can be useless in one's life and only bring them misery...

    Mwaaach,
    Love
    Kelz

    ReplyDelete