My sister just matriculated and she had asked me to help her apply at UJ ( My former Varsity). I was excited to play "big sis' and to try help my sister get into UJ, although it was too late, I told my sister lets do it. Lets give it a try. We gave it a shot, not knowing what was awaiting us, we made our way to the UJ Bunting Road Campus. When we got to the gates, the amount of people I saw shock the living day lights out of me. I looked at my sister and she started sobbing. I told myself that I have to do something, I cant let her down, we have to get inside the campus no matter what. through huffing and puffing we manged to get inside. Day one, we didn't win. We were asked to come back following morning, I had a bit of hope. This morning we got up and we were there by 5:30 AM. The line was super long, we were not going to make it inside. 
After seeing people pushing and shoving to get in, my sister said to me: "Sis, we dont have to do this it's ok, like we are going to die here". we went across the street and we just watched the whole commotion, we even took pictures. People were getting injured and some were refusing to make way for the ambulances, it was complete chaos. To cut the long story short, I wasn't able to help my little sister but I was so proud of her for telling us to walk away, who knows what would have happened had we not walked away?
The journey is not done yet, but out of all of this I have learn't .......1) that people will not always react, the way you think they will. I was expecting my sister to cry and be miserable and she did the total opposite. 2)I did my best and I have to feel good about it even if the result wasn't what we were looking for.
| Lil Sis (Thoko) chilling after a hectic morning. |
Proud Sister :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment