Sunday, 8 January 2012

Sim learns to be STILL

It's 2012, A new year and boy is it different! Last month I finished my studies, my contract ended at where I was doing my internship, another opportunity came up before my contract ended. Most people are going back to work, some back to school and some to varsity and I am waiting (it's the don't call us we will call you type of scenario). The thing is: I am used to being "busy", doing something, whether it be going back to school, varsity or work. The problem I was faced with was; I didn't know how to be still, I had heard of this word many times before and I once thought I knew how to be still meanwhile I was on my phone the whole day "relaxing" after a hectic week at work or varsity. Now that I was "forced" to being still (nothing interesting on twitter and facebook). I realised how clueless I was about it all.

In the few days of doing nothing, I have learnt a lot about myself, things I didn't know about myself have now become visible. I will not lie and say it came easy, I had to learn to be still in order to achieve all of this. I now see the need of being still. I believe something positive comes out of it.  I now know where I lack, what I need to work on and what I already posses all because I was "forced" to be still.

1 comment:

  1. Being forced to b still too at the moment n I must tell you, learning a lot abt myself, learned the strenght dat I posses with all the misfortunate events dat hv been happening. Since da beginning of 2012, but like u said sumthing positive came out, I tapped into dat inner strenght dat God gave me frm birth dat I ddnt knw I had

    ReplyDelete